May 18 is International Museum Day, and Suzhou Museum has planned special activities and exhibitions to run through the rest of the year.
1. Touch relics and experience history Time: May 17, 3:00 pm Location: Ziteng garden inside the museum
2. Family fun Time: May 18, 9:00 am Location: Great hall of the museum Content: Families can play simple graphics games to help parents and children learn about graphics.
3. Seventh Huaxin (letter with pictures) exhibition Time: May 18, 9:30 am Location: Academic Report hall of the museum
4. Folk performance Time: May 18 to June 14 Location: Stage at Prince Zhong’ Masion Content: Combine opera and minor works to showcase Suzhou’s folk customs for Dragon Boat Festival.
1. Painting exhibition Time: April 25 to July 20 Exhibit: About 120 works from more than 90 well-known artists from the 20th century.
2. Crystal and glass exhibition Time: May 18 to Aug 24 Exhibit: Hundreds of glass and crystal artworks from Sweden.
3. Guqin exhibition Time: Sept 5 to Nov 30 Exhibit: Guqins (a seven-stringed zither) collected by Chongqing’s Three Gorges Museum.
4. Wumen-style painting exhibition Time: Dec 8, 2014 - March 8, 2015 Exhibit: Some 48 works of calligraphy and paintings in Wumen style made during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644).
5. Bronze weapon exhibition Time: Dec 18, 2014 - March 22, 2015 Exhibit: 58 bronze weapons from the Shang Dynasty (16th century - 11th century BC) to the Han Dynasty (206 BC – AD 220), including swords, dagger-axes and spears.